Friday, July 20, 2007

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." Philippians 2:13 (NKJV)

I heard a wise man once say, "God, I want to be in Your will and not in Your way." It took ole Dave a while to figure that I don't "do" for God, even though it seems to be that way from our perspective, but it is God who works through us to accomplish His goals. And with that said, He can "get-er-done" with or without Dave. Read my hero Adrian Rodger's comment on this.

"One of the greatest secrets I have ever learned is this: God doesn’t want me to do anything for Him. He wants to do something through me. People say, “Well, I just serve God in my poor, little, old weak way.” I feel like saying, “Well, quit it.” He doesn’t want you to serve Him in your poor, little, old weak way. He wants you out of the way, so He can flow through you! We need to make ourselves available to God and say, “God, I’m tired of being inhibited. I want to be inhabited by You. I want You to live Your life through me.”

-Adrian Rodgers

...and all of God's people said, "Amen"

No comments: